Sunday, May 8, 2011

What a Spring!

Well, it's been a while since I last posted, so let me try to catch you up on what's been going on in our lives.   After we got back from Costa Rica, our schedules were full of spring activities. Susu and Temple came to Charlottesville the first weekend in April. It was great to spend time with them on Saturday and have brunch with them on Sunday before they left town. The next week I had the week off because of my school's spring break. I spent my time visiting a school, working on school things, and making some appliqued onesies for a friend's baby shower. Here are some pictures from the process:

 This is the fabric we chose to do the appliques in.

 Here are the appliques before I sewed them on.


Here are the finished onesies. The mom-to-be isn't finding out if it's a boy or girl, so the "W" stands for the last name.

The next weekend was Darden Days. It was a busy weekend of helping out and meeting new people. Then we went to Florence for Easter. We drove to Birmingham on that Saturday to shop and meet Susu, Temple and Allen for dinner. We even got to stay in Florence all day Sunday! The guys played golf and the girls went to see a movie!

The week before Easter we had an anniversary dinner. I can't believe we've been married 3 years! It goes by so fast! We are taking a trip to St. Michael's, Maryland in May for our anniversary trip. We are looking forward to the break.

Temp's birthday was the Monday after Easter. Unfortunately, we spent 10 hours in the car driving back to Charlottesville that day. We are hitting that stage where birthdays aren't necessarily fun anymore but rather just a reminder of how old we are getting.

The weekend after Easter was FOXFIELD!!! I was super excited about this because I wanted to wear a hat! Plus I had never been to a horse race before! We had a blast! Darden had a huge tent set up and lots of food a drinks for everyone!

 This is Malvie, Nicole and me. We all rode together with our husbands and Robert. (Lindsay was in Seattle for work.)

We ran into Carlton walking toward the line. We stood in line together and then, inside the gate, we stayed at The Hall's "tailgate" for a while before we went to the Darden tent.

 Temp and Laura

 They are walking these horses to the starting line.


One of our friends brought a ladder ball set, so the boys played a few games.

The weekend after foxfield I helped throw a baby shower for my friend. Along with the onesies I made (see above) I made some cards for the shower.


We played a game where the guests write down advice for the mom-to-be. Then the mom-to-be reads the cards and tries to guess who wrote it. It was a fun game and it didn't take too long.

On another note, I made these pot hooks for my kitchen and Temp finally had time to hang them!
This isn't the greatest picture, but you can see what the hooks look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment