Last weekend we took our outlet trip. There were four of us, which we found out was the perfect number for shopping in a group. We left at 8:00ish AM and returned about 8:30PM. It takes about 2.5 hours to get there. It was a long day, but we found some good stuff!
On Wednesday we had our first Bunco night. We met at our house, and I went over the rules and then we played one round. We have a great group of girls playing and I'm excited for the next one!
What a great weekend! Jessica came to visit us. She drove up on Thursday. We had dinner at a little Mexican dive down the street. I took Friday off and we visited Monticello. It was a gorgeous day, and the view was amazing.
We tried to take a picture of ourselves with Monticello in the background. This is the best we could do.
And here are a couple more.
This one is kind of dark. We asked a man who had on an Ole Miss hat to take the picture. His daughter went to Ole Miss. He picked up on our southern accents right away!
After this, we went up the mountain a little ways to nearby vineyards for a wine tasting. The first one we visited was Kluge Vineyards. It was a small little place with lots of outside seating.
They had wine flight tastings. You choose your flight, pay, and then you can take your wine outside and sit. They gave you an info sheet with a description of each of the wines. We chose the wine flight with a customers choice. (That's why the last cone is empty.) Most vineyards have you stand at the counter and the server explains and describes the wine that you are tasting. I always feel rushed when we do it that way. I prefer Kluge's way. Jessica and I picked our favorite of the 5 and had another tasting of it as our customer's choice.
I also liked that Kluge had a friendly visitor.
He or she preferred us to the other tasters, probably because we kept feeding it crackers!
After our tasting at Kluge, we went to Blenheim Vineyards. This vineyard is owned by the Matthews family, as in Dave Matthews. This vineyard and winery was very eco-friendly. They wanted to blend into the mountain, so their building is made of a lot of dark wood. They definitely weren't going for curb appeal.
After the vineyards, we went to the downtown mall to find outfits for the Mad Men themed party that night. We went to our friend's house, the Headds, to socialize before the Darden party. I had more fun at the Headds.
Here are all the girls, dressed in early 60s attire.
Jessica and I shopped Saturday morning with Malvie (purple dress above). Then we watched football all afternoon. Jessica left on Sunday morning with a long drive ahead of her.
Temp's cousin Catherine and her husband Alex stopped by Sunday morning to visit. They were in town visiting her grandmother. We had lunch with them at Bizou, which was pretty good!
We have a long week ahead of us: Supper Club Thursday, Dave Matthew's Band concert on Friday night, friends in town this weekend, and I drive to Florence with the dogs on Sunday! We are so blessed to be busy with friends!
Thanks for reading!



Laura! It sounds like you have found your "fit" there now and are having fun. I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like such a fun weekend!! You and Laura looked so cute! Loved the Mad Men theme! I would absolutely love to go to that vineyard and see such beautiful country! I am ready to get OUT of Birmingham!!!
ReplyDeleteYou and Temp look great, and you look like you are enjoying living there!