Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Week!

What a great Thanksgiving week! We were super busy but had a lot of fun! The weekend before Thanksgiving we went to see Dave Matthews Band play in Charlottesville, which is his hometown. It was a great concert! They wouldn't let me take my camera in, but I used the camera on my phone to take some pictures. (That's why they are fuzzy!)





Then on Saturday we had some friends come into town. They have an adorable 6 month old! Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got...sorry Scott and Ashley!


That night we had friends over for drinks to visit with Scott and Ashley. Here is another picture I got that night. 


Once again, sorry Clark and Becca! Although these are really cute and funny, I really wish we would have gotten more pictures. I will have to get better about that! 

On Sunday, I drove to Florence with the dogs! Temp had class Monday and Tuesday, so we had to leave him here. My mom and I shopped around on Monday. We found some good deals and did some Christmas shopping. Here is one of our best finds ever. 


Notice song #1? Really? That's not even the best part...I emailed this picture to my friends and one found the words to this song. (Yes, it is an actual song.) Thanks Suzanne


This is just the chorus! You can find all the words here. We regretfully did not buy this CD, although we thought about going back to get it! 



Tuesday I drove to Birmingham to visit and have dinner with friends. We went to Lovoy's, my favorite Italian place in Homewood! I realized that I missed the real south a lot when the waiter said "You wont somethin ta drink?" Temp thinks I'm crazy for missing little things like that, but you would never hear that in Virginia. After dinner, we went to Oak Hill to visit some more and listen to their trivia. 





Wednesday morning I got up and drove to Huntsville to pick Temp up at the airport. There was a wreck on the interstate and it took me twice as long as it should have to get there. When I finally got there, we ate lunch with our friends Hal and Katie. Then we drove to Florence. Jessica had also made it to Florence, so now everyone was home for Thanksgiving! Wednesday night we went with my parents to the weekly "bored" meeting at Rosie's Cantina. Then we ate at Ricatoni's, my favorite restaurant in Florence!

Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, was a restful day filled with talk and laughter. Jessica and I helped my mom cook for the first time this year. It was fun being in the kitchen with the two of them. Friday was a long day. Temp and I drove to Tuscaloosa for our one and only SEC game this year. It was the Alabama vs Auburn game. For those of you who don't know, I'm an Alabama fan and Temp is an Auburn fan. This was a big game for both teams this year. We were both nervous about the outcome of the game. Although we had a great first half, unfortunately my team did not prevail and Temp won bragging rights for the next 364 days! 

Before the game, we went to the Alpha Gam house to take a picture. They are going to build a new house and tear down the old one. I don't know when this is going to happen, so I wanted one last picture of the place where I spent so much time in college!



 Then we walked to the Ready Mix USA tailgate to see friends! They had delicious roasted corn! It was freezing outside and started to rain a little! But nothing was going to stop me from going to that game!










On Saturday, I met friends for lunch to talk about our 10 year class reunion! I can't believe it's been that long! Then I met other friends for coffee! Temp played golf with my dad and then met us for coffee! It was a very relaxed day before the long drive back to Charlottesville on Sunday.

Thanks for reading! (Let me know if you would like to be added to the list to receive an email whenever I post something.)

No comments:

Post a Comment