We had a great week! It was my first week of school and things went surprisingly well. Although with only 7 students and 3 teachers, I guess there's not much room for chaos. We had a few couples over on Thursday night to watch Auburn play. We cooked out and had a great time. Too bad our house isn't big enough to have more than a few couples over! Entertaining is the one thing I miss about our house in Birmingham. It was the perfect house for entertaining. Next time we move, I will know what to look for in a kitchen! :)
After receiving MANY hints, Temp made dinner plans for Friday night! We went to Duner's (pronounced like a sand dune). It was a pretty good meal! We started talking to the table beside us, which happens with us a lot, and found out we knew some of the same people, which is usually how it goes!
On Saturday, there was a Darden Cup event. Each section competes in several different activities for the Darden Cup. We are section A. The first event was softball. Here is a picture.
We came in last. But they also give points for participation. Even though I didn't play, I got counted for participation. We took Millie and Lucy and even the dogs got points! Hopefully we can pull ourselves up in the rankings next time!
Saturday night we went to Katherine Alford's for an Alabama football party! There were several other people there that Temp or I knew. We had fun but I'm ready to watch a good football game. By that I mean one where we don't kick the stew out of them from the very beginning. I still want us to win, by a lot, but I'd like to see the other team put up a good fight!
Sunday we visited Trinity Pres. again and finally found where all the people our age sit! We even accidentally sat down beside a girl that Temp knew. We are making some great friends, but really miss our friends in Birmingham. We also are feeling the effects of being so far away from our families. We missed my dad's birthday and Temp's brother's birthday recently. It is very different to just talk on the phone instead of seeing them on or around their birthday. We will definitely be grateful for any time spent with loved ones when we come to visit!
I will close on a funny note. I went to get a pedicure on Saturday. At the beginning of every football season, I'm really into watching SEC teams play. That feeling tends to dwindle as the season goes on. Anyway, I asked the asian lady who was doing my nails if she could change the tv from CNN to the Georgia/ South Carolina game. Mistake. It took her about a minute to find the remote, then she hits some buttons, puts the remote down, and comes back to continue working. The tv is still on CNN. I told her it didn't change but she just smiled and nodded. Finally the smart lady beside me informed me that she must have thought I wanted it on CNN. I finally asked her again to change it and she went to get a much younger asian boy to translate, I guess. We finally got the channel changed, but it took about 5 minutes. Lesson to be learned: In the nail salon, only mention the channel you want it turned to....
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment