We finally finished the nursery! Temp worked hard on the walls and they look amazing. I got some great artwork from family and friends! There is no "theme" although we ended up with lots of lambs. I guess lambs just go well with baby pink and white!
 |
| Here is Temp working hard on the diamonds. |
 |
| Another "before" shot. |
 |
| And here are the finished walls. We love that there is low contrast, so you don't really notice the diamonds unless you look directly at the walls! |
 |
| Another "after" picture. |
Now, onto the decor!
 |
| This is what you see when you walk in the door. The crib is directly to your left. |
 |
| This dresser was the unfinished one we had in our guest room. Temp did an great job of fixing and painting it. |
 |
| We found these mother of pearl knobs at Anthropologie. We think they add the perfect amount of femininity without being stuffy! |
 |
| This is hanging to the left of the large window. This is a cross stitch my mom made when I was little. It hung in my room as a little girl for a long time. |
 |
| We love the look of the glider we purchased. We chose a neutral burlap fabric so that it will match in any room in the future. The blanket on the back was hand knit by a friend's mother. Isn't it pretty! |
 |
| This art is hanging over the glider. We bought these at the Reina Sophia Museum in Spain when we traveled there in March of this year. We didn't know the gender, but I had a hunch, so we bought these for her nursery. |
 |
| This closet is to the right of the dresser. Although I'm big on keeping closet doors, drawers, etc, closed, this one stays open. The handmade dress you see hanging is what we will bring her home in. Temp's mom gave it to us. The pink frame was made by a friend! It's for hanging hair bows and clips. |
 |
| This is the to right of the closet. The mirror is Pottery Barn Kids and the lamp I found at TJ Maxx. |
 |
| The bookshelf came from my mom's house. I think my grandmother gave it to us. Temp added some trim and painted it white. The items on the bookshelf are a mixture of things Temp and I had when we were little and things we've been given for the baby. |
 |
| Some good friends we met in Charlottesville gave us this elephant. Right now, the diaper bag is sitting there too, ready for the hospital, should I go into labor! |
 |
| Temp's mom gave us this adorable piece of art. It is hanging on a small wall right when you walk into the room. |
 |
| My students gave this to me my last year of teaching in Birmingham before we moved to Charlottesville. That class was a special class so it means so much to have this to remember them. |
 |
| Another lamb! |
 |
| Here is another piece my mom made. I think she gave this one to my aunt when my cousin was born. My aunt brought it to me when she found out we were expecting! |
 |
| Here is a straight on shot of the crib. The dresser is directly behind me. The bedding is custom and came from Polka Tot Designs in Mobile, AL. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. |
 |
| Here is the crib again at a different angle. |
 |
| The toy chest was also mine when I was little. My uncle made it for me. We added an iron base to raise it up. |
 |
| This artwork is hanging on the wall opposite the door. Thanks to my talented friend Emma who painted these for us! |
We couldn't be more pleased as to how it turned out!!
No comments:
Post a Comment