I missed Charlottesville.
There. I said it. I said something I never thought I'd say. I knew I'd miss our friends over the summer, but I never thought I'd actually miss the city.
Last July I was so reluctant to move to Charlottesville. It was more than just the fact that I had to pick up my life (my life= perfect job, great friends, adorable house, close to family...) and move it 10 hours away from family and friends. I know that's what you do for your husband and had come to terms with that the day Temp started applying to Business Schools. This was different. This was the dread of moving to a smaller town. A college town. A town who says it's southern, but I knew it's wasn't the southern I'm used to.
A lot can change in a year. And I was actually looking forward to getting back to Charlottesville (and it wasn't just because anywhere is better than Peoria). There is so much culture in Cville. There are always great bands coming to town and great local bands too! The food in Charlottesville is amazing. There are so many artisan restaurants, and the organic, local foods are a big trend that I am thoroughly enjoying! And I feel like there is always something to do. There are events on the Downtown mall, the vineyards, or UVa. And of course, there are some great people in Cville. It's fun to watch the college kids be "dumb college kids."
There is one drawback of the city: the traffic. It's just that normal college town traffic. I remember Tuscaloosa being the same way. But now that I've been in Charlottesville for a while, I know what areas to avoid.
So there it is, Temp. I like Charlottesville. I even wrote it down for you. :)
There. I said it. I said something I never thought I'd say. I knew I'd miss our friends over the summer, but I never thought I'd actually miss the city.
Last July I was so reluctant to move to Charlottesville. It was more than just the fact that I had to pick up my life (my life= perfect job, great friends, adorable house, close to family...) and move it 10 hours away from family and friends. I know that's what you do for your husband and had come to terms with that the day Temp started applying to Business Schools. This was different. This was the dread of moving to a smaller town. A college town. A town who says it's southern, but I knew it's wasn't the southern I'm used to.
A lot can change in a year. And I was actually looking forward to getting back to Charlottesville (and it wasn't just because anywhere is better than Peoria). There is so much culture in Cville. There are always great bands coming to town and great local bands too! The food in Charlottesville is amazing. There are so many artisan restaurants, and the organic, local foods are a big trend that I am thoroughly enjoying! And I feel like there is always something to do. There are events on the Downtown mall, the vineyards, or UVa. And of course, there are some great people in Cville. It's fun to watch the college kids be "dumb college kids."
There is one drawback of the city: the traffic. It's just that normal college town traffic. I remember Tuscaloosa being the same way. But now that I've been in Charlottesville for a while, I know what areas to avoid.
So there it is, Temp. I like Charlottesville. I even wrote it down for you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment