Well, things are getting started here in Charlottesville! Schools are about to start and we have seen a lot of "first years" running around in their UVa shirts. (For those unfamiliar with Virginia wording, first years = college freshmen; grounds=campus; Rio is pronounced with a long i (Rye-oh) instead of a long e (Ree-oh); and there are many others I won't get into now...) Temp started Orientation this week at Darden. He had homework before the first day and he is already tired!
We have been busy these last two weeks making new friends. We have met several couples and are enjoying getting to know them! This past Saturday we went to an event at a vineyard with some other couples. We took a blanket and sat on the lawn, drank some wine, chatted with friends, and listened to the band. I want to plan a cook out when the weather gets cooler and take advantage of our large deck!
This week, I found a place to get my hair cut and found the teacher store! I have joined the Partners Book Club. (Partners are the wives, husband, significant others of the Darden students.) We meet at the beginning of September to discuss the first book "The Reliable Wife." I have it ordered, but it has not arrived yet. It doesn't sound like something I would choose to read on my own so I hope I like it! :)
I have a new lead on a job. I don't want to give any more details until I know if I have it or not. More to come later hopefully...
My new goal is to update this blog weekly, for parents, grandparents, and friends. Please check back regularly.
We love you all! Please come visit any time!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment