Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whew! We just got back to Birmingham after a long weekend trip to Virginia. Temp had some events with Darden (business school) this weekend, so we drove up on Wednesday night. It takes 9 hours and there is a time change, so we got there at 3 am Virginia time. Needless to say, we are still tired from that drive!

Thursday and Friday were full of us looking for houses to rent and me looking for a job. We finally decided on a house and are relieved to have that off our list. The house we decided on is in a great location and has a great, fenced in back yard for our dogs. The only problem is that the house is very small. It is a 3 bedroom/ 1 bath house with a den and a kitchen. That's it! I guess we are spoiled because by no means is our house big now, but it's bigger than the one we are renting. Luckily it has a large unfinished basement, so we can store all the things that don't fit upstairs! :)

When we weren't looking for houses or bugging school principals, we were meeting new people who will also be moving to Charlottesville this summer. We met some great people and it makes me even more excited to know I have some great "partners" to hang out with when all the "students" are studying! (Partners are the spouses of the Darden students...) We also got to see some old friends who live in C'ville.

We have a busy May coming up. Next weekend we are going to NOLA for our 2 year anniversary trip! Time flies huh?! Then we will start packing and taking loads to store at Temp's parents house in Montgomery. We are still looking for someone to rent our house here in Bham. Hopefully something will come up soon!

If I can figure out how to do it, I will post some pictures soon. Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I already missed you just in the few days you were gone. Booooo!!!! That's means is going to be worse when ya'll actually move. Oh, and I can't believe it's been 2 years either--yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave your phone # to a friend from Athens that are looking to rent a house in Bham... did she call you yet??

    ReplyDelete