We made it to Santorini this morning around 11:45. We checked in to our hotel and walked to the "village." There are two paths: one for pedestrians, and one for cars. It's so nice to walk around not having to worry about watching for cars or mopeds (which are very popular here)! In the village there are tons of shops and restaurants! It also has great views of the ocean and the side of the mountain, which is where all the little white houses are that you've seen in pictures. We have a reservation tonight at a restaurant that is supposed to have the best view of the sunset on the island. Let's hope what we've heard is right!
On another note, my straightening iron burned out in Athens! I had my hair in a ponytail for a few days and I'm rocking the curly hair tonight! I guess if you're going to have big hair, Greece is the place to do it! :) I hope I can buy another iron in Italy!
A few funny things happened in Athens. The lady at the hotel told Temp his name was greek. She said "Eugene come from blank (I forgot the greek word) and it mean not-a-rude." We said something to the effect of "Oh! That's interesting!" and she said "And your name, it Greek and there you go!" It reminded us of the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
We also saw a man cleaning a plastic trash can with windex! Also reminded us of the movie! Another thing you may want to be aware of if you visit Greece in the near future is that mullets are B-I-G! We even saw a few kids with mullets!!
We are headed out tomorrow to visit the Maritime Museum, visit a winery, and the wine museum. We have rented a car, so everyone say a little prayer tonight that we can drive on these narrow streets!
Be sure to check back soon! I will try to update every few days!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to see pictures-Love ya'll!
ReplyDelete